Sunday, September 18, 2005

What time is it?

Sunday - a day our family spend together.... well almost! I spent most of the morning in bed - infact I managed a sleep in until 11.15am which is just incredible and still, now at this time of the day, cannot believe Noel left me there.

Mind you as soon as I opened the bedroom door reality hit me in the form of two children!! Not even a 'Good morning mam' was heard before I was bombarded with questions... 'when are we going shopping?', 'remember you promised me a surprise last night' and so forth. I was very tempted to close the door again.

To explain further - last night Oliver's wobbly tooth fell out with a bit of extra help. It had been wobbly for what seemed forever and to be honest I was sick of seeing him play with it. He always had his fingers in his mouth wobbling it and also manoevering his tongue over it as his own personal form of amusement. I had happen to say that if Oliver pulls it out I would buy him a long awaited Tamagotchi if his tooth came out tonight. Needless to say that, with a bit of gentle parental coaxing and a twist of the tooth from Dad, Oliver managed to pull his own tooth out!!

The rest of the day was spent at Noel's parents house. We went up for an early dinner - it was good to spend time as a family. We played bocce, the european bowls game, chatted and enjoy a lamb roast with all the trimmings. It is good that now as adults we can sit and spend quailty time with our elders without thinking that it is the worst thing in the world. Now I only need to convince my kids!!

No comments:

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online