Monday, November 16, 2009

Another busy yet eventful weekend.....

As mention on Friday, the arrival of Daniel was a fantastic way to start the weekend. We all went to see him. As it was late when we left the hospital, we stopped in Clayton and had an Indian feast for dinner. Everyone really enjoyed it but as usual we ordered too much and were very very full afterwards.

Saturday, while I worked, Noel and the kids went around to Ray's house where Noel worked on Ray's boat with him. The plan was to go fishing Saturday evening but this didn't happen as the wind picked up in the afternoon and became a little gusty! The guys didn't want to risk it so it was a quiet night in for us all. Well sort of - once again my emotions ran riot on Saturday and I am seriously considering seeking counsel elsewhere.

Sunday we had a great day. A real family day. An unplanned day turned good. Noel had planned to go out fishing but this didn't happen once again. So we went shopping into Frankston as we had to get some ideas for Christmas presents. In Toys-r-us the kids were very eager to show us suitable presents for themselves! The other reason for going to Frankston was for me to buy some Moo-Goo. I had read about Moo-Goo and it's healing properties especially with Exzema and Psoriasis, as if anyone knows me I will try anything to help with my Psoriasis which I have on my elbows, knees and scalp. So I bought Eczema & Psoriasis Balm, Shampoo and Conditioner.

Deciding not to have lunch in the foodcourt, which is normally overpriced, crap and normally not filling we headed to the Seaford Hotel. It was nice for the four of us just to relax and have a nice meal together. The kids find the Kids meals too small so they both order normal meals, which of course not only adds to the price of lunch but also reminds me that they are growing up. Alex order Fish and Rings (beer battered fish, calamari rings and chips), Oliver had a Carnivore Parmigiana (a chicken parma with bacon, sausage and meatballs under the cheese topping), Noel had a Rib Eye Steak with Peppercorn Sauce and I ordered the Seafood Platter. Everyone tried a bit of everyones... we may have well put all the meals in the middle of the table but hey that's part of being a family right?

We didn't go to see Vicky and Daniel again this weekend, we thought we would let her and the baby get to know each other and also allow time for other visitors etc. Daniel came out of the humidity crib on Saturday and is doing really well. I think Vicky is due to come out on Wednesday all being good. We may visit again on Tuesday night or next weekend when they get home. The worst thing I think people do when you have a baby is overcrowd you.... you know everyone gets them... the serial visitors that turn up everyday. They mean well and think they are doing the right thing but it's like you wake up and wow.. they are there again! With Oliver I was in hospital for 2 1/2 days before I discharged myself (even after an emergency caesarean) and with Alex I was home in 24 hrs. I am not a hospital lover at all! Nor can I sit around doing nothing. Nor do I like being fussed over.

Oh well, it's the start of a new week..... back to the routine of work and school. Thankfully the weather is a little cooler at the moment but they have forecast it to heat back up by the end of the week.

No comments:

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online