Monday, March 30, 2009

~ R.I.P. Gerry ~

Today has been an awful day so far at work...

This morning one of our truck drivers, a friend and a gentle, caring man was involved in an accident involving his truck and serveral cars whilst working. It happened around 8am this morning and Gerry died at the scene after his truck and trailer rolled landing on it's side. I am not quite sure on all of the details but the fact of the matter is that we have definately lost one of the GOOD ones!

Gerry, 62, was definately one of the good guys. I have to say in my 7 years working with him he has been a gentleman, a gentle giant, always smiling and had the same dry sense of humour as me so as you can imagine there were many jokes and much laughs exchanged with the two of us! Being such the man he was made every time we saw each other a pleasure.

He will be sadly missed.... not just by me but by all who knew him!

Click here to read the article from the Herald Sun Website

These are two disturbing pictures of the tragedy.





















I honestly wish I had a photo of Gerry I could put here to remind me of him...


~~ R.I.P. Gerhart Holzmueller ~ ~
~ ~ 1947 - 2009 ~ ~

No comments:

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online