Monday, May 25, 2009

A huge eventful weekend.....

What can I say except I enjoyed this weekend.....

It all started Friday night with the decision to have a nice relaxing evening just the four of us and watch a DVD together. That was great except for the fact that I fell asleep during the movie (which is actually quite normal for me!! LOL!!)

During the evening however Noel and I were still discussing the loungeroom and how much I hate the way it was set up and how it always a MESS. The positioning of the TV was all wrong for where the doors are... let me explain. To get to the toilet and the bedrooms you have to walk infront of the tv which can be painful when the playstation is out (leads everywhere not to mention children at all angles) or when there is a movie on or even just watching the TV in general. Secondly it always looked a MESS.... something I have very little patience for at the moment.. When I say MESS it has overtaken the comfortable lived in look and was just annoying! Brainwave happened and I explained to Noel, my beloved, that I think that the loungeroom would make a better dining room and the dining room would make a better loungeroom - let's swap it around. Well I cannot explain the facial expression but I felt I had a lot of convincing ahead of me for this to happen!

Saturday morning I went off to work, which for a change was quite busy. I spoke to Noel and the kids during the morning and they sounded as if they were having a nice relaxing time together. It wasn't until I got home that I saw that they had actually been quite busy and had started making the switch of the rooms. I nearly cried as they had really surprised me! So there was definately no rest for the wicked that afternoon as it was full steam ahead to finish the room changes, still a little cleaning to do, but I will be the first to admit that it looks fantastic. SO MUCH BETTER.......


bad blurry photo's taken on my phone but you get the idea, right?

Sunday was another great day... this is the first time this football season that I didn't need to be at the football club at 7am (but was booked to start in the canteen at 2pm). I actually slept in until 9.30am - I don't do that very often but I must say I enjoyed every moment of it! We all sat down and had a nice breakfast together in the 'new' dining room then got ready for Oliver's football match. It was good to go and watch a whole match without worrying about the canteen and I am glad that I went - the Under 11's had their FIRST WIN against Seaford - their FIRST WIN for the season!! So proud of my boy and so proud of the team!! Noel was smiling... Dean, the coach, was smiling... so were all of the other children's parents!! After the little happy dance we were all doing, not to mention the loud singing of the club song, it was off back to the clubrooms where both Noel and I did a stint in the canteen while the Under 16's game was played (and that was a brilliant game!!).







Last night I think we were all exhausted from such a huge weekend that it was off to bed early for me and the troops.....

No comments:

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online