Sunday, September 06, 2009

Happy Father's Day.....

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
To all the men I my life I wish you all a very Happy Father's Day... and a special wish of course to my dad, who I love and still miss very much.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Today there is NO FOOTBALL and I don't think I am the only one that's a little bit excited about that. Instead we were still all in bed by 8am which is in itself a miracle for this house! And I have to say I enjoyed it.

Father's day saw Noel spoiled with presents that the kids had bought at the Father's Day stall at school and also a wallet, a cherry tomato plant and a foot stool. Oh and the Terry's Choc Orange!!! I think he was quite impressed with his bevvy of gifts this year.

Lunch was spent up at Mam and Dad's with Sean, Vicky and Christian. We had a wonderful time.... we got there for lunch but I don't think we walked in our front door until aroun 7pm.... oh well it was a good day.

Food - amazing and so much as usual!! Zucchini and Bacon Soup, Braised Lamb shanks and dessert (which I ate) who could have asked for me... not me - I didn't go back for seconds...lol... others did. Mam and dad did really well with the feast they prepared and served... and of course the perfect end to the day... watching the football and The Saints WON!!!

Vicky looked great - she carries pregnancy well! I am so glad and am looking forward to the new arrival, which is only in a matter of a few weeks really. I tried to find out whether it's a girl or a boy but both Sean and Vicky are not letting on (they know but don't want to tell anyone).... it's quite annoying but Noel and I did the same thing to the family when we were pregnant with Alex!! Go figure - why do I have the right to be annoyed at the decision they have made not to tell anyone?? Especially when we made the same decision 8 years ago.


All I can say is that I am really glad that I am part of a wonderful family....

No comments:

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online