Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Another earthquake....... two to be exact!!!!

I couldn't believe it last night.... there I was doing the housewifey thing of mopping the kitchen floor and felt a huge rumble and a noise resembling thunder. Thinking no more of it as rain had been forecast I just went along on my enthralling business only to feel the same yet stronger seconds later and this time I noticed the chandelliers shaking!

Listening to the news it was reported that two small earthquakes had hit Melbourne's Mornington Peninusla region at around 6.20 pm and were about 14 seconds apart which explains what I had indeed esperienced.

They recorded magnitudes of 3.0 and 2.6, with the epicentre in Warneet about 25km south of Frankston. So far no major damage has been reported - all's good at our house!

And there I was thinking I "was just having a moment".... LOL!

No comments:

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online