Monday, July 12, 2010

Menu Plan Monday (10th July ~ 16th July)


Okay so I have been somewhat missing in action this last week or two especially with menu planning. Last week was a hard one as I spent 3 days in Adelaide and I somewhat sensed that Noel didn't want me telling hime what he "had" to cook so I just didn't menu plan at all. The first few days were very strange but let's face it the stock in our fridge, freezers and cupboards would put a general store to shame so it was no big issue.

This week is a little different as I have decided not to travel. I am very tired from last week, still suffering from the cold and have a house that really needs cleaning. I didn't get to do much of that on the weekend either as we were so busy.

I arrived home at 11.15pm on Friday night as I had a late flight in from Adelaide. Saturday night we had the Trivia night - did I mention in my other post that we WON!!! Geez that was a fun night and Kimbalee came to visit Alex and Oliver for us.

Sunday as usual was Football. Both playing at home but Oliver had a bye this week as did the U11's. Both coaches decided that a scratch match (a friendly game) between the two teams would be a good and fun thing for the teams to participate in. Alex came off injured in the 4th quarter after having the football kicked straight in her face.... blood and tears everywhere but in typical "Alex Trooper Murray" style she didn't want to go home she wanted to be in the clubrooms when her team sang the Club Song honouring another victory!!

Anyway thisbis what our menu looks like for this week:

Saturday ~ Trivia Night
(everyone on the table took a plate of nibbles.
We took - marinated lamb ribs, spicy meatballs, chicken dim sims.
I also made a Beef and Vegetable Pasta Bake for the kids.)
Sunday ~ Reddy Roasts (dinner at the footy club presentations)
Monday ~ Old Fashioned Chicken and Corn Pot Pies
Tue ~ Teriyaki and Ginger Beef Stirfry
Wed ~ Mexican Chicken in Tortilla Basket
Thu ~ Turkish Minced Lamb Casserole
Fri ~ Mongolian Hot Pot

As you have probably gathered by now, I LIVE for menu planning! By menu planning it ensures that we have a weeks worth of meals organised which is especially useful Monday through Friday when there is not much of the day left after finishing work, picking up the kids from school and having to deal with the tasks of homework, clothes washing, showers, etc., and to do without the hassle of worrying WHAT we are cooking for dinner each night. Honestly if I left deciding what’s for dinner until I go home we wouldn’t eat until midnight!!

I know that our week starts on a Saturday but that’s just for the ease of fitting in with my grocery shopping which is normally done on a Friday night or Saturday afternoon. As usual more great menu ideas can be found at Menu Plan Monday over at I’m An Organising Junkie, don’t be shy pop over and have a look at other’s menu plans. You never know you may just find something different to have for dinner.

Some recipes for things we cook can be found over at our cooking blog, A Dash Of Flavour, normally posted after they have been cooked or just click on the links for each meal when they appear.

Happy cooking,


No comments:

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online