Monday, November 22, 2010

Menu Plan Monday (20th November ~ 26th November)

OMG - wonders will never cease to amaze me.... it's Monday and I am actually posting a Menu Plan Monday post!!!

I realise it's been a couple of weeks since I posted but I have been travelling around country Victoria on my training mission. I have cooked here and there but to be honest it's pointless of me to menu plan when I am away as hubby and the kids normally fend for themselves in the kitchen. I have planned meals for them in the past only to come home to find the ingredients etc still in the fridge so I just don't go there anymore.

I am home this week which is a little exciting as I can play in the kitchen again!! Sad really getting excited about cooking but I cannot help it. I guess there are worse things to get excited about though?

On the House of Murray Menu Planner this week is:

Dinners:

Saturday ~ Vespa's Restaurant, Carrum Downs
Sunday ~ Toasted sandwiches
Monday ~ Chargrilled Steak, Baked Potatoes with Sour Cream, Salad and Creamy Blue Cheese Sauce
Tue ~ Sage and Garlic Pork with Apple, Creamy Potato Bake
Wed ~ Chicken Saagwala and Steamed Rice
Fri ~ Beef Fajitas with Corn Salsa and Salad

Baking:
Christmas Pudding

As you have probably gathered by now, I LIVE for menu planning! By menu planning it ensures that we have a weeks worth of meals organised which is especially useful Monday through Friday when there is not much of the day left after finishing work, picking up the kids from school and having to deal with the tasks of homework, clothes washing, showers, etc., and to do without the hassle of worrying WHAT we are cooking for dinner each night. Honestly if I left deciding what’s for dinner until I go home we wouldn’t eat until midnight!!

I know that our week starts on a Saturday but that’s just for the ease of fitting in with my grocery shopping which is normally done on a Friday night or Saturday afternoon. As usual more great menu ideas can be found at Menu Plan Monday over at I’m An Organising Junkie, don’t be shy pop over and have a look at other’s menu plans. You never know you may just find something different to have for dinner.

Some recipes for things we cook can be found over at our cooking blog, A Dash Of Flavour, normally posted after they have been cooked or just click on the links for each meal when they appear.

Happy cooking,




1 comment:

Nina Marana said...

Beef Fajitas sure sounds good have a Happy Thanksgiving.

Nina
http://askmsrecipe.com/2010/11/marvelous-menu-22/

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online